- X-ELIO operates new parks in Marcovia (Honduras) with 42.4 MW, Fukuroda and Iwate (Japan) with 31.6 MW and 24.7 MW, respectively, and last year finished the construction of a park in Kuwait, managed by thirds.
- In 2015, X-ELIO avoided the emission of 160,925 tons of CO ...
- New name reflects unique strategy to capture projected growth of solar photovoltaic market
- The new financial resources will help X-ELIO to expand operations in markets including Japan, Latin America and the U.S.
MADRID & LONDON, February 11, 2016
Gestamp Solar, a leading global developer and operator of solar photovoltaic plants, has changed its name to X-ELIO following the successful completion of KKR’s acquisition of an 80 percent stake in the business.
“X-ELIO combines all the elements that are...
Gestamp Renewables and KKR work together to accelerate the growth of this leading global solar PV developer and operator
Madrid / London, July 21, 2015. KKR a leading global investor, has reached a definitive agreement to acquire from Gestamp Renewables an 80% stake in Gestamp Asetym Solar, S.L. (“Gestamp Solar”), a premier global solar PV developer and operator. The investment is funded by KKR Global Infrastructure Investors II, a $3.1 billion global fund.
The transaction, values Gestamp Solar at a total enterprise value of around $1 billion...
Madrid/Tokyo, March 9th, 2015. Gestamp Solar will start a new photovoltaic project in Japan, under the promotion measures by Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry for the introduction of renewable energy in the country. The utility-scale project, located in Hirono town (Iwate Prefecture), will have an installed capacity of 24.78 megawatts (MW) over a total area of 40 hectares, and is situated on a former golf course.
Construction is expected to be completed within a one-year period, with the target of commencing energy production by May 2016, supplying...
FIRST SUSTAINABILITY REPORT 2014
• In 2014, three new projects, two in South Africa and one in Puerto Rico, with a total of 36.7 MW have been completed.
• In 2015, the company will reinforce its activity in Japan, and will expand its business into new markets such as Central America and Middle East, with four projects totaling 108.4 MW.
Madrid, May 14, 2015. Gestamp Solar, the photovoltaic solar energy division of Gestamp Renewables, has been the European photovoltaic developer that...