- Utility scale solar farm, 120MW
- 230 GWh of renewable electricity per year, enough to power 25,000 NSW households per year1
- Over 150,000 tonnes of Co2 emissions offset2, equivalent to planting > 1 million trees3
- Helping NSW achieve its Renewable Energy Action Plan4
- Target: construction commence early 2022; commercial operation late 2023
- X-ELIO is a company specialized in the development, construction, operation and maintenance of solar plants with a presence in the United States, the Middle East, Japan, South Africa, Latin America (Mexico and Chile among others), Australia, Southeast Asia, Italy and Spain.
- In 2018 it achieved a revenue in excess of €130M.
- The firm has accumulated experience in the construction of solar plants of more than 2GW, it currently has 23 PV plants in operation in 13 countries.
- The group is a global leader in renewable and sustainable energy, with a strong commitment to the reduction of greenhouse gases and the fight against climate change.
- Co-owned by 2 of the largest infrastructure funds in the world: KKR and Brookfield
- 5GW pipeline in the world
- 600MW+ pipeline in Australia
- World-class corporate sustainability record (see Sustainability Report here)
- Minore, NSW, approximately 19km west of Dubbo
- Dubbo Regional Council area
Comprehensive analysis has identified the site as optimal for solar farm development with minimal disruption to agriculture, community and environment:
- Direct grid access
- Suitable terrain
- Suitably screened
- Free of environmental constraints
- Optimal solar resource
- Appropriate land use
- Land secured
- Site surveys underway
- Community Engagement underway
- Grid connection feasibility study underway (positive preliminary analysis)
- Development approval from the NSW Department of Planning, Industry & Environment: scoping assessment underway
- Project documents will be available on NSW Government Planning Portal, as they are prepared: https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/major-projects
Do you have questions about the project? Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0449129159