- Wunghnu Solar Farm is a major grid-connected solar farm in the Moira Shire region of Victoria
- X-Elio is planning to construct a 96MWp solar farm with panels being installed on a single axis tracking system across a site that spans approximately 348 hectares.
- Once operational the plant will produce close to 200 GWh of renewable electricity per year.
Who we are? X-Elio is a global utility scale solar developer
- X-ELIO is a leading vertically-integrated solar developer and power producer that focuses on the development, construction, operation and management of utility-scale PV plants globally. With a firm commitment to greenhouse gases reduction and the fight against climate change, X-ELIO has developed and constructed a total of 2.5GW of solar assets since 2005. X-ELIO is in a unique position to create value in a world that increasingly requires cleaner sources of energy.
- The company has offices in 7 countries (Australia, Spain, Italy, Japan, USA, Chile and Mexico) as well as satellite offices in Taiwan and Kuwait
- Our company, through a 50/50 partnership is co-owned by 2 of the largest infrastructure funds in the world: Brookfield and KKR
- X-Elio pipeline consist of5GW pipeline globally
- 600MW+ pipeline in Australia
- World-class corporate sustainability record (see Sustainability Report here)
- The Wunghnu Solar Farm will be located to the North East of Wunghnu VIC, 10km South of Numurkah and 27km North of Shepparton.
- Comprehensive analysis has identified the site as optimal for solar farm development with minimal disruption to agriculture, community and environment. Other features of the site include:
- Direct grid access
- Suitable terrain
- Minimal environmental constraints
- Optimal solar resource
- Appropriate land use
- Development approval secured
- Utility interconnection: In progress
- Construction expected to beginQ4 2021
- Full operation (expected): Q1 2023
- Land: option to purchase / lease secured